Finding out about your pregnancy can feel like an experience of mixed feelings. On one side there is the surreal joy of wanting to hold your little one in your arms as soon as possible. And on the other side, there is the panic of not knowing much about this journey, and wanting to do things right. If you are worried about the latter, know that you are not alone. One of the most important tasks is to know what to eat during pregnancy. Making sure that the things you eat are nutritious is vital for you as well as your baby.
If you want to know which food to eat during pregnancy, you are in the right place. When it comes to choosing a healthy diet, the first thing that comes to our minds is vegetables. In fact, it is something we have been listening to since we were kids. Well, vegetables are very healthy, but they are especially more beneficial for pregnant women. The vegetables to eat during pregnancy provide you with all the necessary vitamins and nutrients. They also prevent gastrointestinal problems that are a common occurrence during this period.
Mentioned below are some of the best vegetables during pregnancy for you to choose from
- Tomatoes are a rich source of Vitamin C, K, and biotin
- Sweet potatoes provide you with Vitamins A, B, and C
- Beetroots are known to be fibrous and are rich in Vitamins. Also, they are an excellent way of maintaining your immune system
- Bell peppers provide you with the essential dietary fibers
- Dark leafy vegetables are an excellent source of fibers, carotenoids, and folates
- Green peas are rich in Vitamin C and K
How Many Vegetables should you Eat?
Living a healthy life is all about balancing a proper diet. Just because something you know is good for you, doesn’t mean that’s all you should eat. Even when it comes to vegetables, you should eat them along with all the other necessary food elements. But if you want vegetables to be a major part of your diet, 500 grams per day should be just fine.
Simple Tips to Add Vegetables to Your Diet
Now that you know which food is good for pregnancy, it is time to start eating them regularly. But we also know that eating the same vegetables every day can feel monotonous. You can instead incorporate them in multiple ways.
- You can eat them as salads along with a good salad dressing
- Curries are a staple to Indian cooking and can be eaten with rice as well as bread
- Baked vegetables are tasty as well as healthy
- You can also consider having homemade vegetable soups
- Vegetable sandwiches are another tasty option
- For mid-meal snacking, you should consider refraining from chips and junk food. Instead, you can eat raw vegetables like carrots and cabbages. Just make sure you wash them thoroughly before consuming them raw.
Some Other Foods That You Can Include in Your Pregnancy Diet
Apart from vegetables, there are a few other things you can eat regularly. Some of them are mentioned below.
Eggs are said to be a crucial part of every pregnancy diet since they are a very rich source of proteins.
Fish is an excellent source of fatty acids, proteins, and vitamins. It is good for your baby’s bones and teeth.
Walnuts are one of the richest non-animal based source of omega-3s. They also contain magnesium, protein, and vitamins in abundance.
- Lean meat and poultry
Meat is a good source of high-protein, B Vitamins, iron, and zinc.
We hope this information proves helpful to you in the future.