When it comes to Indian homes, a baby’s arrival is celebrated by following certain traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation for hundreds of years. And one such tradition is massaging the little one. Massaging your baby with baby oil is an excellent way to form a bond between the mother and the child. Also, massaging regularly helps with better muscle development in little ones. And massaging your baby with oil before bath time can help them relax.
Here are a few Benefits of Oil Massage for Baby
- It creates a bond between you and your child
- Massaging aids in strengthening your baby’s bones
- It instills a better sleeping schedule in babies
- It helps prevent gas and stomach torments in babies
- It helps with muscle strength in babies
- Using the best baby massage oil for newborn also promotes better blood circulation
There are many options when it comes to choosing a baby oil for your little one. But we would recommend that you opt for the best olive oil for baby massage. One of the most commonly asked questions is, is olive oil good for baby skin? It certainly is. Mentioned below are a few reasons to use olive oil for baby massage.
- Has Moisturising Properties
Your baby’s skin is gentle and soft. But if not taken care of, the environmental factors can strip the moisture off your baby’s skin. Olive oil contains hydrating properties that can moisturize your baby’s skin, making it softer and smoother.
- Helps Loosen the Cradle Cap Scales
For those who are unaware, a cradle cap is the layer of dry and flaky skin on your baby’s scalp. Although it does not cause any discomfort as such, it can look unflattering at times. If you want to get rid of it, an olive oil massage is your best option. Apply some olive oil on your baby’s scalp and leave it for some time before washing it off with a mild shampoo. After bathing, use a comb to gently remove the scales.
- All-Weather Massage Oil
While massaging your baby, you need to take the weather into consideration while choosing the oil. However, if you are looking for an option that is perfect for every season, resort to using olive oil for baby massage. The only thing you need to be careful of is the quantity of oil you use for massaging your little one.
- Prevents and Cures Diaper Rashes
Diaper rashes can at times be very painful to the baby. If you are looking for a way to soothe your baby, try massaging your baby with some lukewarm olive oil. It will instantly provide some relief.
- Provides Symptomatic Relief in Cold-Cough
During the winters, you should apply a mixture of olive oil and eucalyptus oil on your baby’s chest to provide relief for cold and cough.
- Promotes Sleep
A gentle massage with olive oil can soothe your baby and put them to sleep easily.
- Constipation in Babies
If you think your baby is suffering from constipation, you should apply olive oil to your baby’s stomach in a clockwise motion.
Precautions to be Taken while using the Best Olive Oil for Baby Massage
While olive oil is excellent for your baby’s skin, there are a few precautions you need to take for the well-being of your baby.
- If your baby displays any signs of allergy, don’t apply it in the future
- Discontinue using olive oil if your baby experiences rashes and irritation
- Make sure you use olive oil that is free of preservatives and additives. These things can harm your baby’s gentle skin.
There are several benefits associated with olive oil. If you are convinced with the ones mentioned above, do consider incorporating them into your baby’s skincare routine.